On Saturday 12th September 2015 a pre-Jukola orienteering race is run in Simola terrain right next to Lappee-Jukola’s competition area. The individual race is part of Kalevan kierros -endurance sports series. Also competitors outside the series are welcome to take part on this event. The event is open for all and no orienteering licence is required.
This is one of the best ways to prepare for next year’s main event. The terrains are same type and the maps are drawn by the same person. The Monola training map is released for training after the race. Read more about training packages.
Pre-Jukola competition invitation is available on Lappeen Riento website (Finnish only).
- Registration closes on 7th September 2015
- Competition material handout on race day from 8:00.
- First starts at 9:30.
- Using Kalevan kierros website entry form (Finnish only)
- Entry fee 35 € / person. Paid in connection with registration to Lappeen Riento account FI78 5620 7440 0025 94
- EMIT card number has to be announced by e-mail: toimisto(a)lappeenriento.fi
Map and course:
- A3 printout, 1:10 000 scale with 5 m contour. By Rauno Asikainen, 08/2015.
- About 15 km course with forking. 3 drinking stations.
- Interval start. 3-4 starters simultaneously.
- Classes: Male / Female. (for Kalevan kierros series competitors also age groups)
- Address: Vaalimaan tie 387 Lappeenranta, about 17 km south from the city center.
- Follow Lappeen Riento website (Finnish only)