Jukola relay staff includes more than 1 500 voluntaries. The world’s largest orienteering relay is an unique experience not only for competitors but also for the makers of it. Majority of the staff gathers together from surrounding areas. Different societies, families and friend groups are happy to be part of making something as remarkable as Jukola. Only minority of the race organisation consists of local club actives. Jukola is a great demonstration of volunteer spirit.
Being part of staff is not an obstacle to racing in Jukola or Venla relays since most of the tasks are not in connection to race issues. There is a growing group of Jukola fans who take part every Jukola both as a volunteer and as an orienteerer. Signing up as a staff member includes several benefits, such as:
- Dining during work shifts
- Staff clothing
- Accommodation (when taking shifts on several days)
- Volunteer’s party afterwards
Staff members of different nationalities and multilingual speakers are wanted especially in customer service and communications tasks. Signing up as a Lappee-Jukola volunteer is done by filling an online form (finnish only).
Secondary way to sign up (for non-finnish speakers only) is to send an e-mail to address email@example.com with following information:
- Full name and date of birth
- Phone number and street address
- What kind of tasks are you interested in?
- Language skills
- When are you available (before / during / after event)
- Possible special skills (ex. first aid, carpenter skills etc.)